A virtual phone number is a secondary telephone number associated with a certain telephone unit, handset, or subscriber. It is not directly associated with a telephone line and is not the actual telephone number but rather one that is used for forwarding calls to a pre-set number. As a result, a subscriber does not need to purchase additional hardware, phones and lines in order to have multiple virtual telephone numbers.
Benefits of Virtual Number Services :
- Productivity on the move : With a virtual phone system, you can work from anywhere. There’s no need to wait at your desk for that important phone call or fax. Calls are instantly routed to your mobile phone; voicemails are delivered to your inbox as an MP3 or text; and faxes are forwarded to your e-mail as PDF attachments. This unsurpassed flexibility allows you to go on sales calls or meet with vendors, while still being connected to your business.
- Providing a professional appearance : Start-up companies and small businesses can be chaotic. Business operations aren’t always flawless (yet), but you don’t want your customers to know that. IVR Guru is the perfect solution for entrepreneurs working out of non-traditional offices spaces because it gives you a professional image, regardless of whether you’re working from a desk or the kitchen table. With IVR Guru you get full access to toll-free numbers, vanity numbers, and local numbers. You also have the capability to set a customizable main greeting. Record your business' greeting yourself or use our voice studio to create a professional-sounding introduction for your callers. After the greeting, you can give callers the option to search a company-wide name directory. You can even set music or custom commercials to play while customers are on hold.
- Maximizing cost savings : The most remarkable feature of a virtual phone system is that it conserves your most precious resources: time and money. Something we can all appreciate! With IVR Guru, everything you need is all online and in the cloud. There’s no expensive hardware or software to purchase and your capital expenses are zero. You'll sound like a fortune 500 company but for much, much less than they pay!
With so many benefits at such a low cost, making the switch to a virtual phone system could be just what you need to put your new business on the path to success.
- Easily redirect calls : Call screening keeps you from being bombarded with calls when you are out of the office. Simply answer the phone and choose one of the screening prompts: answer the call, send the caller to voicemail, or hear the caller’s phone number. This feature allows you to avoid the pressure of a lengthy conversation when you can’t afford it. Callers remain on hold and won’t know the difference when they end up in your voicemail.
If you do receive an important phone call, IVR Guru’s phone system provides immediate and seamless call transfers. Critical conversations don’t have to wait. You can directly connect the caller to one of your employees and take care of business right away.
When you absolutely cannot be bothered, use the away greeting feature. Callers will be notified that you can't answer, and they will be given alternate ways of contacting your business. This can’t-miss feature works for specified times each day, like a lunch hour, or for longer time periods, such as a vacation or holiday break.
- Keep Your Personal Phone Number Private : Running your business from your personal cell phone? You’re not the only one. Thousands of small businesses who are starting out are handling all of their calls through one cell phone.
This poses a few problems for a business owner, and one of the biggest is that every client or business contact they call now has their private number. The easiest fix is to get a virtual business number that you can show on the outgoing caller ID using a service . Your private number stays private, and you still have the benefit of running your business from your smartphone.